ACH/ Wire Fraud
Dire warnings about ACH and Wire fraud are everywhere. The FBI issued a warning about a “significant increase” in ACH fraud, banks are being sued by business customers for alleged failures to prevent fraud via ACH, and wire fraud schemes are causing average losses of $100,000 to 200,000 per victim. While banks recognize the need to implement monitoring for fraudulent ACH and wire transactions, the traditional methods of ACH and wire fraud detection are slow to implement and very expensive.
The Intellinx Solution for ACH/ Wire Fraud
Intellinx provides a unique combination of real-time alerts and cross-channel analytics with easy, comprehensive data capture directly from the corporate network and from other sources. The Intellinx ACH and Wire Fraud solution builds a profile of “normal” activity for each customer and account – amounts, payment velocity, preferred channel, payment designation, transaction types, etc. Unusual transactions are quickly identified and blocked until reviewed by fraud investigators.
Intellinx can be configured with dozens of fraud red flags based on best practices learned from other financial institutions.
Intellinx offers financial institutions high flexibility in determining how to handle each alert. Thresholds can be raised or lowered to fire an immediate fraud alert or to simply raise the customer’s score to monitor for future risky behavior. Additionally, the user-friendliness of the Intellinx analytics engine makes it easy for business users with no technical background to refine or add additional rules as needed. Just a few examples include:
- Customers that exhibit signs of being attacked by phishing, vishing, malware, fraudulent ACH debits, or social engineering
- Customers that have fallen victim to common fraud scams (e.g., money mules, lottery, Nigerian)
- Risky transactions, such as those initiated via high-risk channels (e.g., phone, web) or those going to risky accounts
- Reports that identify customers who are prime candidates for ACH filters, debit only accounts, or other security features already built in to your payment systems
- Customers with high rates of ACH returns or who show other signs of initiating fraudulent ACH debits
- Customers who are kiting via Wire or ACH
- Employees who are fraudulently manipulating ACH or wire transactions
- The system profiles the activity of each account and customer and detects deviations and suspicious activity.
- The system stops suspicious ACH/Wire transactions in real rime – preventive rules validate and block attempted fraud in real time, integrating seamlessly with the ACH/Wire processing systems.
- The system tracks activity across multiple accounts of the same customer and detects direct and indirect links between accounts and customers.
- Comprehensive Data for Investigations – Extensive information on ACH/ Wire fraud incidents is collected from various sources to create a single source containing all relevant data for investigations.
- Flexible, User-Friendly Rule Engine and Investigation Center – The adaptability of the solution enables corporate investigators to easily adjust scoring parameters, calculation methods and thresholds.
- Integrated with the Intellinx Enterprise Alert & Case Management – Full integration between the Intellinx Alert and Enterprise Case Management and the Intellinx ACH/Wire Fraud Solution creates an effective, easy-to-use investigative environment.